Group Dog Training
ALL INDOOR GROUP CLASSES POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO COVID-19
See outdoor schedule below:
We Offer the Best Group Dog Training in Greensboro!
Register for our upcoming Greensboro group dog training classes:
Every Monday and Wednesday at 7pm
12 weeks to complete 6 classes
Drop In Group Class – 12 weeks to take 6 classes
Sally Said So Professional Dog Training is now expanding its services to offer group training classes to dog owners in the Greensboro, North Carolina area. Practical Pet Protocol is the perfect opportunity for dogs in need of basic obedience and/or light behavioral training.
Most group training classes fail because they take dogs out of their comfort zones, do not train around real-world distractions, and do not empower owners to handle behavioral deviations on their own.
Practical Pet Protocol does things differently. We don’t accept dogs younger than six months of age into the course, and we don’t accept dogs dealing with serious behavioral problems such as anxiety, aggression, and leash reactivity, simply because we know these dogs would benefit more from one of our in-home training programs. Contact us to learn more about these programs.
What sets Practical Pet Protocol apart from other group training programs?
- We teach basic dog obedience commands such as sit, down, come, stay, and heel—like most classes—but we also teach you, as the owner, how to properly deliver these commands so you feel confident, comfortable, and in control at all times.
- We teach you how to utilize these commands and new-found confidence to curb future behavior problems on your own, hopefully negating the need to see a trainer again.
- We teach you about proper bonding, so both you and your dog learn to trust and respect one another. This will help you rely on your dog, and it will help your dog follow your directions without hesitation.
- We make sure to practice the training in various real-world situations, filled with distractions and behavioral triggers, ensuring your dog keeps his/her focus on you at all times.
- We give every participant a 40+ page manual and access to our mobile app, making it easier for you to practice the training independently.
Talk to our expert dog trainers. To get started we do a 1-on-1 dog training consultation where we meet with you and your dog to find the best solution. The methods used are ones we determine at the consultation.
Get a Quote Now!
Practical Pet Protocol is taught by Shane Gentry, a certified dog trainer with over ten years of experience. He is excited to help Greensboro-based dog owners teach their dogs basic obedience and stop dog behavior problems before they start.
If you don’t think group dog training is right for you – no problem! We offer one-on-one dog in-home training, and more!
Group dog classes provide many benefits including:
- A great way for your dog to learn how to focus under distraction.
- The classes provide a fun environment where dogs and their owners can mingle with others, making new lifelong friends!
- Group dog training classes are less expensive per session than private training. However, please keep in mind that sometimes your dog may require private dog training for more specific issues.
- Getting along with other dogs is important, as they will constantly be meeting new dogs in the real world.
- Group dog training builds a stronger bond between you, the owner, and your dog.
- New activities. Your dog will learn new skills while having fun and playing games.